Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just Letting it Melt

So today proved to be a pretty stressful day. We all have those days where we feel like our world is on top of us and it tends to make you feel a little anxious, angry and dramatic. Well that has been me all day. I finally called me papa on my way home from work and was like "Im feeling a little scared, stressed and dramatic can you talk?" and being the amazing father that he is, he started talking me through it.
Once I got off the phone I was feeling a little better but not much. I had told some friends I would go country dancing with them tonight and I was debating not going cause I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I know how relaxing and relieving dancing is for me so I decided to go.
I am now SO grateful I did. I could feel during that first dance all my worries start to just melt into the floor.. You know it amazes me how often we do the things we love when life is fine and dandy but the second something gets tough we stop. Why do we do that??? Isn't that when we should be doing the things we love the most?? So as to remind ourselves that we are still important and loved and that our needs still matter?? My new goal for myself is to begin to support myself when I come in to a hard day or a new trial. To just take a moment and look myself in the mirror and remind myself that I am okay and that I love myself. Life is too beautiful to have ruined by small trivial things that just seem to look big and dangerous.
So my goal to everyone reading this is to go and do something that you love just for the sake of you know you love doing it. Take some time for YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment